Maine 2016

Maine 2016

Monday, July 3, 2017

STUCK IN THE MUCK

‘Stuck in the Muck’

          Have  you ever got bogged down in the muck and mire of the day.. You arise early in the morning with energy to ‘get those things done’ that have been facing you.  And with determination you decide to get  shower, …oops the telephone rings….nothing really important ….  but you reason with yourself…”I will make myself a cup of coffee …and just sit for a minute and listen to the morning news”….1/2 hour passes then an hour…..  Then you say to yourself ‘I need to do my devotions,  get some Word into me’…..I’ll just go get another cup of coffee and maybe a tad-bit to eat.  Guess I’ll throw a load of laundry in and at least get something started for the day.  Well, I will sort through these magazines.  Wow, this is a great article, so you sit down and read for a few minutes, reasoning with yourself you are getting something spiritual.  Wow, I know I need to get some things done but oh, I feel so tired, maybe just a little catnap and then I will get up and get started

I do not know who wrote this but it was on a floppy disk and it is so relevant to my lilfe at times that I thought it would be enjoyed. 

Each day is a new day and we awake with choices...."What will we do". I am sure like myself I have a plan but most of the time it changes especially if you walk with the Lord and He directs. My mornings have looked like the above writing and I laughed as I read it. Good intentions always, but sometimes they go " a muck". He always has a perfect plan but sometimes I find myself wasting a day and not really accomplishing a lot. 


No comments: